Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Experiment with Primal Eating

So after some research, and dipping my toes in a few times, I have incorporated a paleo diet into my life. Before I was trying to maintain more of a raw, vegan diet when my friend introduced me to the idea. I looked at some websites, Mark's Daily Apple and Fast Paleo to name a few and after reading just about everything I could on carbohydrates, sugars, and primal eating I decided to give it a whirl.



The science behind it makes sense: eat what our ancestors...like ancestors, ancestors did. Cut out anything processed, almost all dairy, carbohydrates, grains, and sugars. These foods were not part of man's diet, as they were hunter-gatherers. And humans are addicted to carbohydrates. And sugar. And anything that comes in a box or bag! Cutting out these things from my diet not only made sense in a health-conscious way but also in a lose weight kind of way. And let me tell you, this approach is working for me better than any other diet change I've tried to make in the past. Realizing that a food is bad nutritionally makes it an immediate turn-off to me. Food should be an investment, it should provide something for your body other than a few moments of pleasure!

So I will be giving some paleo updates now and then and letting you guys know how it's going!

images : paleosecrets

No comments:

Post a Comment